The Whites get their Premier League campaign underway in less than a week’s time when they face Manchester United at Old Trafford. The squad that will make the trip to the North West will largely be the same as last season’s with the addition of two new faces in the first-team squad.
Junior Firpo, who was signed at the start of July, will be expected to replace the departed Ezgjan Alioski in Marcelo Bielsa’s starting XI, whilst Kristoffer Klaesson will provide back up for Illan Meslier.
Leeds continue to be linked with wingers and central midfielders as a deal for Lewis O’Brien gets nearer.
Here are the most recent transfer rumours involving the Whites:
Torino midfielder linked
While it has become easy to link midfielders from Europe to moves to Elland Road this summer, Tutto Mercato Web are claiming Leeds have genuine interest in Sasa Lukic.
The Torino enforcer has previously been labelled “unsellable” by his current manager Ivan Juric. However, it is understood the Italian club would enter negotiations if they are tempted by the right price.
That figure is currently unknown but Leeds representatives are expected to meet with members of the Torino board this week to discuss a potential deal.
Salford want Robbie Gotts loan
After spending the second half of last season with Salford City, it has been reported that the League Two side are interested in taking Leeds midfielder Robbie Gotts on loan again this term.
However, with less than a year left on his current deal, the Whites are only interested in discussing a permanent move, according to the Sun on Sunday. Scottish side Motherwell are also said to be monitoring his situation.
The only way a loan move would be feasible from a Leeds perspective is if Gotts signs a new deal this summer but that looks extremely unlikely.
Nandez misses Cagliari friendly
Long-term Leeds target Nahitan Nandez failed to turn up to Cagliari’s pre-season fixture with Mallorca over the weekend.
The club’s director, Stefano Capozucca, told Tutto Mercato Web that this absence had not been verified by anyone at Cagliari claiming that he had no permission to miss the match.
At one stage, it looked as though the Uruguay international’s move to Yorkshire was almost a done deal but it was then reported that he had chosen Inter instead. However, financial problems facing the Serie A champions mean that the deal for Nandez has stalled.