King Charles to return to public duties amid cancer, shares photo



King Charles III is set to return to his public work duties next week amid his battle with cancer.

“His Majesty The King will shortly return to public-facing duties after a period of treatment and recuperation following his recent cancer diagnosis,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Instagram Friday alongside a new photo of the 75-year-old monarch smiling with his wife, Queen Camilla.

“To help mark this milestone, The King and Queen will make a joint visit to a cancer treatment centre next Tuesday, where they will meet medical specialists and patients. This visit will be the first in a number of external engagements His Majesty will undertake in the weeks ahead.

“In addition, The King and Queen will host Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress of Japan for a State Visit in June, at the request of HM Government.”

The monarch is “not yet clear of cancer and is still undergoing treatment.” Getty Images
However, his medical team is “pleased” with his progress. AFP via Getty Images

Charles’ health update comes on the heels of the Daily Beast’s reporting that his health is “not good.”

“Everyone is staying optimistic, but he is really very unwell,” a source told Tom Sykes. “More than they are letting on.”

He claimed that the king’s funeral plans, which are codenamed “Operation Menai Bridge,” are under review.

As for royal scribe Tina Brown, she alleged Prince William and Kate Middleton were experiencing “intense anxiety” over their “frightening proximity to ascending the throne just when they had hoped for a span of years to parent their children out of the public eye.”

The 75-year-old remains “positive.” Getty Images
The royal shared his cancer diagnosis in February. Getty Images

Charles ascended the throne in September 2022 upon Queen Elizabeth II’s passing and was coronated in May of the following year.

This February, Buckingham Palace revealed the royal’s cancer diagnosis after he underwent “routine hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement” and a “separate issue of concern was noted.”

At the time, Charles began treatment and “postpone[d] public-facing duties.”

Reports recently surfaced that he is “not well.” Getty Images
His funeral plans are reportedly being reviewed. Getty Images

The statement concluded, “He is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.”


More must-see royals coverage:


The specific form of cancer was not disclosed at the time.

Notably, Middleton was also diagnosed with cancer this year and has remained out of the public eye while undergoing chemotherapy.

He ascended the throne in 2022. Getty Images
Prince William is reportedly in “frightening” proximity to taking his place. Getty Images

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was noncancerous,” she explained in a March video. “The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present.”

The Princess of Wales, who is the mother of Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 6, is not the only other royal family member to share a diagnosis last month.

Prince Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, is battling the “worst form” of skin cancer.





Source link

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *